Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 2 in Paris

Today was another busy day in Paris. Our day started out by visiting the Hôtel des Invalides. There, we saw the Cathédrale Saint-Louis des Invalides as well as Napoleon Bonapart's tomb. From there, we visited Notre Dame de Paris, which is an incredible gothic cathedral. After our stop in Ile de la Cité, we headed to the Louvre to see famous works such as the Mona Lisa, Winged Victory, and Venus de Milo. I read somewhere that the Louvre contains nearly 400,000 objects. Needless to say, we didn't see them all. There is always next time though!

After we finished our visit at the Louvre, we headed to the Eiffel Tower to climb to the top floor. If there is one thing you must do in Paris besides speak French, it's climb the Eiffel Tower. I don't recommend literally climbing it though, not only will it be one crazy climb, I'm sure la Police nationale will be after you.

Everything is going great so far. I've made my reservation on the TGV to Annecy for this Sunday at 1pm. I have also been in contact with my host family.

Tomorrow, it's off to Versaille!



ABOVE: A view from my hotel window
literally minutes before writing this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Where are the pictures from Versaille?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are near the end of the Paris album, photos 35-44. I'll gladly show you more upon my return!

    ReplyDelete