Sunday, May 31, 2009

In Annecy, with my host family

Now that Paris is only a memory of this trip, I have now arrived in Annecy and am staying with my host family. They are, without a doubt, a very nice and welcoming family. I have my own bedroom with its own bathroom. How nice is that?

Tonight, I had quiche Lorraine for dinner. It was quite good. We also toured around the town of Annecy, which is a beautiful little town located in the Swiss alps. My host family's house is located just outside the town, not too far from the shores of the turquoise colored Lake Annecy.

The train ride on the TGV from Paris was a pretty scenic ride. Near the end, the train followed almost the entire shoreline of Lac du Bourget, near Aix-les-Bains. It was a pretty incredible view of the lake with the mountains in the background.

Tomorrow, we're taking a trip into the mountains. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment