Thursday, May 28, 2009

I have arrived!

I am officially in Paris! I’ve arrived safely and am all checked into my hotel. We took the RER line B from the airport to the Gare du Nord, which is right near our hotel in the 10th arrondissment of Paris. Once we were all settled in, my travel partners (Alyssa and Christy) and I did a general tour of the city. We started at the Place de la Concorde and walked along the Champs-Élysées. We continued by climbing all 284 steps to the top of the Arc de Triomph. We also did the Bateaux-Mouches boat tour. Despite the cloudy day, it has been great so far. I've really enjoyed putting my French to good use and reacquainting myself with the Paris Metro system, Tomorrow, we plan on visiting the Louvre and climbing (not literally) to the top of the Eiffel Tower.




ABOVE: The Arc de Triomph as seen from the
top of the Champs-Élysées.


ABOVE: A view of the Eiffel Tower
from the top of the Arc de Triomph.

No comments:

Post a Comment